As of 12th December 2022 we made changes to the way we allocate properties on BradfordHomes. These changes are to help prioritise allocating properties to those in higher housing need. There are 2 big changes that we made.
- We switched off Nominations Based Lettings (NBL).
- We made changes to how properties are allocated and they will be allocated via the Property Shop
The Property Shop is a choice based lettings system and enables applicants to bid for a property in their preferred areas/street. A bid is an expression of interest and it does not guarantee you an offer. Position numbers for the shortlist will be based on your priority banding and the band effective date (when your banding was awarded).
How will these changes affect applications?
- Applicants will no longer be automatically matched to suitable properties but rather all applicants will now have to bid for available properties.
- When an applicant places a bid for a property their position number during the bidding cycle may change as an applicant with higher banding or an applicant with the same banding for a longer period bids on the property.
- Applicants in higher housing need will appear higher up on the shortlists for properties therefore giving them better chances of being offered the property.
- Bidding Cycles - Property adverts will be available on the system for 5 calendar days. In some circumstances such as for new builds and properties under notice they will be advertised for a minimum of 24 hours.
Can I get help to place bids?
- BradfordHomes is a self-serve system and is designed for applicants to place their own bids. The system is mobile friendly and can be accessed by mobile handset.
- If you do not know how to use the system please contact Customer Service Centre at Britannia house, Hall Ings, Bradford, BD1 1HX who may be able to help or provide a demonstration.
- All applicants are expected to use the self-serve system, exceptions will be made for applicants that cannot bid themselves due to exceptional circumstances such as severe disabilities, old age, language barriers, applicants owed a homelessness duty etc. in these circumstances please contact our Customer Contact Team on (01274) 435999 or call into the Customer Service Centre at Britannia house, Hall Ings, Bradford, BD1 1HX or Keighley Customer Service Centre, Town Hall, Bow Street, BD21 3PA.
- If you do not have access to the internet you may be able to access the system at your local library, community centre or utilise friends, support workers and family members for assistance.